Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lord of War (2005)




Lord of War is a drama film starring Nicolas Cage as an arms dealer named Yuri Orlov. He and his brother Vitaly (played by Jared Leto) become involved with selling firearms and become entangled in personal and political conflicts. Yuri is often confronted by the agent Jack Valentine (played by Reality Bites' Ethan Hawke) who attempts to stop him from supplying weapons to dangerous warlords. 

This film is definitely included in my top 5 Nicolas Cage movies as not only is entertaining, but it contains many elements that all work well together. Cage's acting works extremely well with the frantic nature of the scenes. Yuri gets into trouble quite often and Cage is always believable in the outlandish situations he is put in. Not only is the acting great, but the cinematography and editing is top notch. The pacing is fantastic as I never find myself becoming bored during the two hour runtime. It really is hard for me to name something I don't enjoy about Lord of War, but if I had to specify something I have a problem with then it would be the overall dark nature the film engrosses itself in. This can make me feel a little unsettled as the acting makes it feel too real.

No comments:

Post a Comment